Thursday, July 2, 2009

15 years and Still Praying...

Ralph and I are attending the annual meeting, the General Assembly, of CBF. It is much like a family reunion, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Wednesday night was the commissioning service for new personnel. Clista Adkins and I entered the nearly full sanctuary of South Main Baptist Church and quickly claimed seats on the row with her husband, Glen. I found myself sitting beside Beverly Greer, Coordinator of Missions for CBF of South Carolina, a long time friend. As I sat there I realized I first met Beverly 15 years ago at my own commissioning service. During the time of the service when they asked attendees to lay their hands on newly commissioned personnel, Beverly laid her hands on me. On that day, she later told me, she prayed for me and continues to this day - 15 years later. Beverly is one of Ralph and my prayer warriors. Pray-ers committed to praying for us and the Roma (Gypsy) ministry regularly. Thank you Beverly! Would you consider joining her?

No comments: